Ratify Peace DAO Governance and Multisig Processes
Establishing a clear governance process will provide utility to the Token and the NFT, and will more accurately represent the will of donors and contributors.
The Governance Process:
- is simple, reducing ambiguity, loopholes, and confusion. This encourages participation.
- takes place in public. It is transparent and promotes accountability.
- leaves complexity to individual proposals, allowing the DAO to be adaptable. The process can be amended to meet the DAO's needs over time.
The Multisig Process:
- is also simple and easy to understand, leading to similar benefits.
- has safety mechanisms in place (the dao-lawfirm.eth removal) but does not overly centralize execution. New Members must be added through standard governance processes.
- These processes rely on sound distribution of tokens and NFTs, as well as sound Multisig Membership.
- Poor decision making, malicious behaviour, or bias from the Multisig could prove disastrous. Multisig Membership should expand over time.
- This government process is more rigid than the DAO's current processes. Although this will improve transparancy, it may make the DAO less flexible in urgent situations.
- The process has high thresholds, meaning only well-liked proposals will pass.
- The process inherits risks of democracy.
These processes should be implemented once this proposal passes a 4-day basic single-choice Snapshot vote, only to be removed when superseded or amended by another proposal.